In 1897, worship services of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod were held in Hinckley, MN by Rev. C. Abel of Pine City, MN. This included Kroschel and the surrounding area. Services were held in member’s homes, First Lutheran Church, the Episcopal church, and Folsom Funeral Chapel.
In 1940 on January 11, St. Paul Lutheran was organized into a congregation, under the care of it’s first pastor, Rev. A.W. Roegge.
In April of 1949, broke ground for a new church building and the new building was completed by October. The new church building was dedicated on January 22, 1950.
In the spring of 1954, members voted to separate from St. John in Kroschel as one pastorate and join with Trinity in Sandstone, MN.
In 1955, a new parsonage was built and dedicated.
In 1968, a new Lowry organ was purchased.
In 1980, Carillon Bells were installed and dedicated.
In 1982, A ramp and bell tower were added to the church building and property.
In 1989, a new piano, electronic organ, along with stained glass windows and new carpeting were added to the church building for improvements.
In 1993, August handbells were purchased.
In 1998, members voted to build a new church building, with groundbreaking taking place on July 13th of that same year.
In 1999, the old church building was sold in April and the new church building was dedicated in May.
In 2007, the picnic/outdoor worship shelter was completed in October.
From 2010-2014, many Memorial gifts were received and new Lutheran Service Books (hymnals) were purchased along with an outdoor sign, portable library, electronic hearing devices, picnic benches, coffee urns, pew Bibles, vacuum cleaners, altar paraments and music.